Lead a Coalition
Are you passionate about keeping children in the community Safe? Safe Kids Connecticut is looking for dedicated child safety advocates hoping to make an impact in their community. There are currently five coalitions in Connecticut. To find the coalition in your area click here.
While Safe Kids Connecticut has five active coalitions, a few pockets in Connecticut are still in need of more Safe Kids services. Safe Kids Connecticut is looking to expand its reach to every town statewide! We are currently looking for coalition leaders in the Greater New Haven area, Waterbury, Middlesex County and Tolland County.
As a coalition, your organization will have access to:
Free Safety Materials
- Child Passenger Safety materials: Each coalition is eligible to receive 30 car seats per year
- Bike Safety Materials: Each coalition is eligible to receive 100 bike helmets per
- Fire Safety Materials: Each coalition is eligible to receive 100 smoke alarms per year
- Home Safety Materials: Each coalition is eligible to receive 40 CO detectors per year
- Educational Materials: Safe Kids flyers, posters, bookmarks, postcards, pencils, reflectors, etc. are available to each coalition to provide at community events.
- Safe Kids Worldwide Grants
- Safe Kids Connecticut Mini Grants
- DOT Fitting Station Materials Grant
Members Resource Network
- Press Releases
- Downloadable tip sheets and Infographics
- Research Reports
- Social Media Tools
- Discount forms
- Community letter templatesTalking Points
- Program Facilitator Guides
- Safe Kids Connecticut helps regional coalitions advertise for their community events through ctsafekids.org, the Safe Kids Connecticut Facebook page and the Safe Kids Connecticut Listserve.