Become a Child Passenger Safety Technician
If you’re passionate about keeping children safe, you may be interested in becoming a Child Passenger Safety Technician. Being certified in Child Passenger Safety is a important and necessary skill you can bring to your community and to many health and safety organizations.
To become a Child Passenger Safety Technician you must take a 32 hour class on Child Passenger Safety through Safe Kids Worldwide. There is a national certification fee of $85.00 and usually a local fee.
What will you learn in the class?
- How to select the appropriate safety seat for a child
- How to install car seats using LATCH and seatbelt systems
- How to educate community members on Child Passenger Safety
- How to run a car seat check event
- How to maintain your certification
- …and more!
Why is being a Child Passenger Safety Technician fun?
- It’s social! You get to work (and network) with other CPS technicians and instructors.
- It’s challenging! Installing a seat takes problem solving.
- It’s a skill! You can directly help families in the community at check events.
- It’s active! You’re on your feet and outdoors!
- It’s Important! You are making a difference through community education.
Upcoming Child Passenger Safety Courses in Connecticut:
Please go to cert.safekids.org to register for a class and for additional class details. All classes require a $85 certification fee, plus a local fee. Seating is limited so register soon!